Wednesday, August 13, 2014

How to help your friend's band/art/business with one click of the mouse


I originally posted this on Facebook and people seem to like it, so I thought I'd share it with the rest of the world. Note that this only applies to Facebook. However on Twitter there's always "retweet" but it's not the same thing as what I'm talking about here. (Originally posted 6/25/14)

PSA: if your friend posts a gig through their band page or personal page, and you like your friend's band and want to take a second to help them spread the word, click the Like button. It's that simple. Same thing goes for regular posts, like "Hey tune in to my radio show tonight" or "I'm selling my art to pay rent"

See, when they post it, only a fraction of their friends and fans see the post (this is called reach, and it's usually in the neighbourhood of <10% of total fans/friends )

However, when people start clicking the Like button (or better yet, Share), the reach starts getting bigger and bigger. Suddenly your post goes from "Seen by 16 people" to "seen by 200". This is because Facebook loves all the interconnectivity

So help out a friend who's a struggling musician/artist/business owner by clicking the damn Like button, and your kindness will be rewarded in karma points

No comments:

Post a Comment